- (two servings)
- -Pickling liquid
- 50ml Koikuchi Soy Sauce
- 250ml white wine vinegar
- 400ml water
- 50g sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dried red pepper
- 10 coriander seeds
- 10 white pepper seeds
- Vegetables of your choice to fill your container (daikon radish, carrot, burdock root, cucumber, celery, red or yellow pepper, turnip, lotus root, cherry tomatoes, pearl onions, etc.)
- Cut the daikon, carrots, burdock roots, cucumber, celery, and red or yellow peppers lengthwise into one-centimeter sticks. Cut the turnips into six wedges, and cut the lotus roots into five-millimeter slices. Boil and peel the cherry tomatoes. Peel the pearl onions.
- Arrange the cut vegetables in a sterilized container in an attractive manner.
- Place the vinegar, water, sugar, and spices in a pan and bring to a boil. When the mixture boils, turn the heat off and add the soy sauce.
- Add the hot pickling liquid to the vegetables.
- When the pickles have cooled, let them sit overnight in the refrigerator.
*Recommendation* These pickled vegetables are delicious as-is, or chopped finely and added to mayonnaise, tartar sauce, or dressings!